I got that message when trying to use DBeaver to connect to a PostgreSQL DB.
FATAL: invalid value for parameter "TimeZone": "America/Los_Angeles"
I found the fix here. The first thing to check is the timezone you have set on the Postgres db itself. You can do this by running “SELECT * FROM pg_timezone_names;”.
Here’s an example:
avenger_agent_prod=# SELECT * FROM pg_timezone_names;
name | abbrev | utc_offset | is_dst
UTC | UTC | 00:00:00 | f
The fix is to make a small change the
dbeaver.ini file in DBeaver root directory. If you installed this on a Mac, the file is in /Applications/DBeaver.app/Contents/Eclipse/
# START: change jre version, not using the one in %JAVA_HOME%
# JVM settings
# time zone
When you restart DBeaver, it should connect.
This was interesting …
Logged into WordPress and found that I had a few plugins that could be upgraded. I clicked to “upgrade all” and clicked away like I normally do – it usually just finishes upgrading with no big deal. Unfortunately, this time, it got stuck. It said “Briefly unavailable for scheduled maintenance. Check back in a minute.” Well, after about 10 minutes, I got a little impatient and hit google.
Turned out that when upgrading, WordPress creates a file called .maintenance at the root level of your install (in the directory containing wp-admin).
If you take a look at what’s in the file, it looks like this:
<?php $upgrading = 1377922367; ?>
It’s probably safe to just delete the file, but I thought I would rename it just in case I might need it. I renamed it and the blog came back and it appeared that the updates completed too. After doing that however, I renamed it back and it didn’t do anything. Kind of strange, but looks like I don’t have a problem, so I’m happy with it.
Instead of using the /etc/postfix/transport flat file for routing, Zimbra allows you to set this via the command line:
./zmprov cd excite.com zimbraMailTransport smtp:xmxatip.excite.com zimbraDomainType transport
In this case here, the mail domain we’re changing the MTA to is xmxatip.excite.com and the domain is excite.com so that all email to excite.com will go to xmxatip.excite.com.
What changed on the back end is that there’s an entry written to the ldap server:
o: excite.com domain
# people, excite.com
/usr/bin/mysqladmin -u root password ‘new-password’
/usr/bin/mysqladmin -u root -h chunli.shocknetwork.com password ‘new-password’
mysql -u root -p -e “create database <dbname>”
mysql -u root -p -e “grant all on <dbname>.* to <user>@localhost identified by ‘<password>'”