- Used in Point to Point or Switched Fabric topologies.
N_Ports are connected to each other through the fabric topology.
Found on HBAs and Storage Processors.
- Used in a Switch Fabric topology.
Found on a switch – enables HBA & Storage Processor to connect.
- Supports Arbitrated Loop topology.
These ports are found on HBAs & Storage Processors.
- Ports on a switch that support connecting to an Arbitrated Loop.
- Extension port for interconnecting switches in a multi switch fabric.
Ports on a switch that connect other switches to the fabric.
- It can be configured to either an E_Port or an F_Port.
These ports are found on a switch, not on a HBA or an SP.